Dear inventors of the almighty air fryer, I owe you -BIG TIME! I will never attempt to roast a whole chicken in the oven ever again. An air fried chicken tastes identical to a store bought rotisserie chicken, and they're flipping delicious. I make one at least once a week! My boyfriend and I usually split half of one for dinner and then use the leftovers for chicken salad, soup, etc. If you haven't jumped on the air fryer wagon yet, I can't urge you enough to do so. I have yet to make anything in that thing that wasn't amazing. This air fryer "rotisserie" chicken is by far my favorite air fried creation! I mean, just look at it.
I'll keep this short and sweet because the recipe itself is short and sweet. Follow these instructions and you'll have a perfectly air fried "rotisserie" chicken on the table in no time. Most importantly, I strongly advise that you find a chicken no larger than four pounds. It needs to fit into your air fryer with plenty of wiggle room. The first time I tried this the chicken was too big for my fryer basket and I nearly burnt my house down. DO NOT OVERCROWD YOUR AIR FRYER. Nothing good will come of it. Trust me.
How to Make a "Rotisserie" Chicken in the Air Fryer
Anyway, the rest of this recipe is really a no-brainer. First, make sure you remove any innards from your AIR FRYER SIZED chicken, rinse it and pat it completely dry. Next, simply rub the inside and the outside of the bird down with plenty of olive oil and a seasoning blend of your choice. I used a garlic and herb seasoning blend I picked up from Aldi, but any seasoning blend will do just fine. It really depends on what flavors you prefer. Lastly, stick it in the air fryer for an hour at 350 degrees, flipping half way through. Once the bird is cooked through, I like to let it rest for at least 10 minutes before serving, but that's just me. Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments and if you haven't gotten yourself an air fryer yet, what in the heck are you waiting for?!
PIN NOW! AIR FRY LATER!
Air Fryer "Rotisserie" Chicken
- 1 chicken 3 to 4 pounds (giblets removed)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup seasoning blend of your choice
- Rinse whole chicken and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Rub olive oil onto the outside and inside of the chicken, covering completely.
- Rub seasoning blend onto the outside and inside of the chicken, covering completely.
- Place seasoned chicken into the air fryer basket, legs facing up.
- Insert basket into fryer and manually set the air fryer to 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the fryer basket and flip the chicken over so the breasts are now facing up.
- Return to to the air fryer and continue to cook for another 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.